I love Mondays
Mondays always hold such promise for me.
It is almost like a fresh start.
I like to get up really early on Monday (though it doesn’t always work out that way) and get a jump on the week. Every Monday morning I like to mentally plan out the week.
This Monday was no different.
1. Ship two sold paintings.
2. Pick up 3 paintings from local art festival held this past weekend.
Check. Lucky me, I sold one and only needed to pick up two.
3. Head out to Amish country (Lancaster, Pa) to pick up a painting that was in a show that is finishing this week.
4. Plan and start a new painting.
5. Spend at 3 full days in the studio, painting.
6. Spend Friday working on my big project that I hope to reveal next week. Fingers crossed.
The newest painting on the easel has been sketched out. I chose to do a bike in front of a stucco building with a wooden open door. I feel like this painting is pulling me in the direction of doing something interesting with color on the door. But with any luck, I will find myself in the zone and this painting will reveal itself to me!
Mondays really do fill me with such promise of what I can accomplish in a week. I will be posting my progress each day as I go along.
Hopefully, by Friday, this painting will be finished and looking for a new home!